| Bioorg. Chem.
| Local Info
General Information on How to get the degree 'Doctor of Philosophy' at
the Department of Bioorganic Chemistry
Being a Ph.D. student means that you are learning how to work as a scientist or a
At the same time as you are learning for your own benefit, you are also
producing interesting scientific results for the rest of the world!
- Disclaimer: This is not a complete description
of what is involved (prerequisites, examinations, necessary scientific
achievements etc) when you try to get a Ph.D. at the Dep't of Bioorganic Chemistry.
- In order to be accepted as a Ph.D. student you must/should
- Have at least a B.Sc. or equivalent
- Preferably have an M.Sc. or equivalent
- Have recommendations from your professor at your 'home' university
- Have a solid background in chemistry in general
- Preferably have some background in bioorganic synthetic chemistry or NMR or
- Be very interested in synthetic chemistry or NMR or computational chemistry
of biological molecules
- What does it take to complete a Ph.D. thesis at our department?
- Normally 4-5 years of hard work
- 5-8 Published scientific papers are normally required
- Doing a 10 or 20 week project work in our department is often
a nice way of understanding how our lab works and usually makes it easier for
the student to be accepted as a post graduate student
Dep't of Bioorg. Chem.
| Last mod.: Jul 23 1997
| URL http://BioorgChem.boc.uu.se/
| WWW Editor